Re: GDB and scripting languages - which

 Eli> Python is a full-fledged programming language, not a language
 Eli> created for extending other programs.  Do you really think we
 Eli> need networking, graphics, and GUI in GDB scripts?  That sounds
 Eli> like an awful overhead.

Overhead how?  It takes up some disk space.  Big deal.  And then only
if the user installed Python specifically for use with gdb (as opposed
to having it installed already).

Having a full-fledged language is a good thing.  That way you're not
as likely to run into the "this simple extension language isn't
powerful enough to do the things I need" problem.  Isn't that one of
the reasons for adding to what we have already?  If simple scripting
were all we want then we could just keep what we have and not add to
it.

	paul