Re: vCont packets for next and step

> Should the gdb host not be sending multiple vCont step packets for next,
> just like it does for step?

I don't know about the "vCont" packet because I'm unfamiliar with
the remote protocol. However, the answer to your question about steps
is that the debugger will stop stepping as soon as it has reached
a different line. The only exception to that is when the stepi makes
us land inside a function call, in which case the debugger sets a
breakpoint at the return address and does a continue until we reach
it. You might find the output of "set debug infrun 1" very useful.

--
Joel