Re: New Ada failure

Mark Kettenis wrote:
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:09:52 -0500
From: Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com>

Ada.Exceptions needs to be compiled with debug information and not
stripped, so if you strip, you will definitely disable this lookup

I think the problem is that you're using
lookup_symbol; isn't lookup_minimal_symbol sufficient?
Wouldn't really help, since once we break on this routine,
we look at its arguments and local variables, so we really
need full debug information for this routine. At least
that's my understanding.

But wouldn't it be useful to be able to catch exceptions, or at least know that an exception was raised, even if you can't look at its details?

Sure, but you can do so fine if you build the library correctly, which means not removing debugging information for this unit! Not clear it is worth extra work to deal with misconfigured libraries.

Mark