Re: When will the gcc not include full path in the debug info

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 09:35:06PM +0800, Bin Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In GDB manual, section "Specifying source directories", it says
> "Executable programs sometimes do not record the directories of the
> source files from which they were compiled, just the names."
>
> I am curious when will this rule take effect? I have checked the gcc
> man page, seems no ways to let it use only the file name instead full
> path.

It depends what compiler you're using.  I don't know any way to make
GCC do this - but someone posted a patch for it a few months ago.  I
don't think it was ever committed, but you can probably find it in the
gcc-patches archives.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery