RE: Support New Target in GDB

> I would like to add a new target to GDB, and then use the following command,
>
>  configure --target=arc-elf

Some of the steps you will need to do:

 * add entries to gdb/configure.tgt for your arc-elf target.
 * implement a source module gdb/arc-tdep.c
 * add rule for arc-tdep.o to Makefile.in
 * add configure directory gdb/config/arc.
   Ah, wait -- I see that it's already there, but it's empty.
 * In the configure directory, you may add bits such as a
   target makefile fragment (eg. "arc.mt"), which will be
   added to the Makefile at configure time

When I need to add a new target, I usually pick an existing target
to look toward as an example.  Of course it helps to pick an example
that is similar to your target.  If your target is native linux, for
instance, you might pick sparc64-*-linux to investigate / emulate.
OTOH, if you're doing a simple embedded target, or maybe a bare-bones
simulator, you might pick eg. the d10v or m32r.