Re: Why gdb 6.5 prints fullname in /cygdrive/... format om Windows?

> Of course, don't count on this working. The GDB could easily be built
> on Cygwin, and the cygwin1.dll delivered. In this case there will be
> no cygpath, and your front end won't work.

Just FYI, and Chris might contradict me, but delivering cygwin1.dll
introduces some issues that are not necessarily easy to overcome.
One of them is compatibility when the end user already has a cygwin
installation present on his system. When that happens, very often
the two will not be able to coexist at the same time and the user
may see error messages saying that the application could not be
loaded because of such issues. We've been able to work around this
problem so far by having the cygwin install and our debugger use
the same one (which one do you choose?), but I think it might be
a risky practice.

--
Joel