Re: Why gdb 6.5 prints fullname in /cygdrive/... format om Windows?

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 01:31:27PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> This seems OK for front ends to GDB that are compiled in Cygwin, and
> thus can convert the path /cygpath... to a C:\.. (as is my front end).
>
> However, front ends that compile natively to windows but are using
> cygwin's GDB will have trouble with this. Is the intention to exclude
> those front ends from understanding this information?

If GDB is a Cygwin application, it will print Cygwin paths.
There's really no way around that and nothing to be done about it.

A non-Cygwin application can convert the Cygwin paths to Windows paths
(by dynamic loading of Cygwin if it's present).  Or use a non-Cygwin
GDB.  I often find the latter easier.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery