Re: Help with debugging LD_PRELOADed shared C libraries

Am Do 13.07.2006 19:05 schrieb Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>:
> If you're using a core file, the environment doesn't matter.  The
> libraries should be loaded automatically.
>
> Does info shared show something reasonable-looking?

It does not:

Cannot access memory at address 0x4001738c
#0  0x400cc9b8 in ?? ()
(gdb) info shared
Cannot access memory at address 0x4001738c
(gdb)

Are you sure that this is true for a shared library that is loaded vias
LD_PRELOAD? I mean, it is supposed to exchange functions from the binary
- to which i have no source.

> Are you sure that core dumps work on this system?

How to easy test this?
I seem to remember using gdb on this system in earlier times already.