Re: Shared library Error in GDB

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:20:23AM -0400, Fahd Abidi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I start GDB to debug my helloword app I get the following warning:
>
> warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
> GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializes
> and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
>

> Does anyone know what this warning means and how to resolve it?

Usually it means that either GDB can not find your dynamic linker, or
that it has been stripped (symbols have been removed).

You haven't given us enough information to offer any more suggestions.
If you're using remote debugging, check solib-absolute-prefix.  If
you're using native debugging, this may be a problem to refer to your
OS vendor.

> Please don't reply to random messages to post to the list.  In this day
> and age, everyone is expected to use a mail reader which supports
> threading; you've attached yourself to an unrelated conversation.

Gosh, which part of this was unclear?  Please write a new message to
this list to start a discussion or ask a question!

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery