Re: MI query questions

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:48:53AM -0700, Jim Ingham wrote:
> Actually, to avoid confusion, this really looks like:
>
> (gdb) set interpreter mi1
> -interpreter-exec console-quoted "break raise"
> ~"[0] cancel\n[1] all\n"
> ~"\nNon-debugging symbols:\n"
> ~"[2]    -[NSException raise]\n"
> ~"[3]    raise\n"
> =read-one-line,prompt="> "
>
> In our version of gdb the console interpreter really is the straight
> CLI console interpreter - this is required to get the "set
> interpreter" command to work.  So we had to invent another
> interpreter that did the proper quoting.  Anyway, this is what it
> would look like for you...

This is also the solution I was thinking of. However, I would like to
modify the MI OUTPUT record to show this as a possibility. Also, I think
that this should be 1 full response.
    (gdb) set interpreter mi1
    -interpreter-exec console-quoted "break raise"
    ~"[0] cancel\n[1] all\n"
    ~"\nNon-debugging symbols:\n"
    ~"[2]    -[NSException raise]\n"
    ~"[3]    raise\n"
    =read-one-line,prompt="> "
    (gdb)

And then the user will send the command, and then get another full
response representing the breakpoint output.

Does this make sense?

This would mean that there would be a new part of the MI output record
that would tell the FE that it needs to ask the user for more
information. Most FE's that have used annotate 1 or 2 have already come
across this situation and dealt with it nicely.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi