Re: Problems with remote debugging on ARM

> Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:13:19 -0400
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 06:08:20PM +0200, Milrith wrote:
> > I use a timer which is generating a signal every 10 ms (SIGALRM). As
> > soon as timer_settime is called, there is a lot of network activity,
> > the gdb client seems to be busy (when I step) and debugging is unusable.
> > If i increase the period of this timer (to something like 50 ms) it is
> > OK. Would there be a means to still be able to debug my program with
> > the 10 ms period?
>
> Right now there is no way to do this.  I had a patch for it long ago,
> but it wasn't very nice, and I never had time to go back to it.  You
> could hack your GDB stub to ignore SIGALRM, in the same way that it
> ignores certain threading-related signals (assuming you're using
> gdbserver).

Actually it wouldn't be such a bad idea to extend the remote protocol
with something that allows GDB to specify the signals it's interested
in.  Ultimately you want this in the OS such that the stub (or a
native GDB) never even sees the signal.  Solaris and HP-UX have that
functionality.

Mark