Re: invoking GDB from FE and signals

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:10:06PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> OK, here's the problem. There are 2 case's, using a PTY or not.
>
> I am currently not using a PTY. So, I send the signal via kill. Is this
> correct or incorrect?

I have no idea how to get this right for the pipe case.  Maybe someone
else does.

> If I use a PTY, which I'm going to have to reimplement. I'll except
> signals like SIGINT, cause I'll forward them with 'write' to the PTY
> between GDB and CGDB.

I don't think "write" will do it; you need something more complicated.
Maybe I'm wrong and writing the interrupt character will do it.

GDB expects, today, to have a console.  It expects C-c to go to the
foreground process group on that console.  It arranges to be the
foreground process when GDB is stopped, and for the inferior to be in
the foreground when it is running.

This may not be the most useful behavior for your case.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery