Re: GDB stub question?

Hi Ramana

The stub is capable of single steping but can only step one
instruction at a time, when debugging C code, the next or step should
acutally step to the next source line, but in my case for every next
or step i am only able to step one instruction.

The stub has no information about the source lines so the host is
capable of doing this, by reading the debug info.

Communication between my GDB host and the target is like

>>>  when GDB is connected to the target
Host -   +$Hc-1#09
 Target Reply-   +$OK#9a|
Host -   +$qC#b4
 Target Reply-   +$#00|
Host -   +$qOffsets#4b
 Target Reply-   +$#00|
Host -   +$?#3f
 Target Reply-   +$S12#b6|
Host -   +
Host -   $Hg0#df
 Target Reply-   +$OK#9a|
Host -   +$pf#d6
 Target Reply-   +$#00|
Host -   +$g#67
 Target Reply-   +$020000007c03|
 Target Reply-   8500a8224d0001|
 Target Reply-   00000056f38400|
 Target Reply-   a8ee8400000000|
 Target Reply-   00000000000000|
 Target Reply-   00000000000000|
 Target Reply-   00000078038500|
 Target Reply-   7c038500140385|
 Target Reply-   0030df3700a08e|
 Target Reply-   00001f0000201f|
 Target Reply-   000020#96|
Host -   +
Host -   $m8ea0,4#fb
 Target Reply-   +$64004be2#f7|
Host -   +
Host -   $qSymbol::#5b
 Target Reply-   +$#00|
Host -   +

>> i am connected to the target
>> after the step command

Host -   $vCont?#49
 Target Reply-  +$#00|
Host -   +$Hc0#db
 Target Reply-  +$OK#9a|
Host -   +$S12#b6
 Target Reply-  +|
 Target Reply-  $S12#b6|

this S12 packet is a single step with a signal packet which in my case only
steps one instructions.

Is there any packed which i need to support in order to support source stepping?

Thanks
Inder.

--
Thanks,