MI: performance of getting stack arguments

Hi,
I've run into a performance problem with "-stack-list-arguments 1" command.
I issue the command in order to obtain stack arguments for all frames, and
I've 129 frames. Each frame has just a couple of arguments. However, the
command execution takes 608 ms.

If this command is issued repeatedly, the time is roughly the same.

1. Any ideas why the command takes so long?

2. Any ideas what should I do to to avoid making user wait half-a-second on
each "step"? I can try to reload stack only when current frame id changes.
But then, each time I enter a new function, there's still that
half-a-second delay.

Incidentally, it seems that Eclipse does no show arguments in stack view at
all, but that does not seem the right solution.

- Volodya