Re: [PROPOSAL] Checking for supported packets

> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:52:47 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
>
> Here's the actual proposal, in texinfo.  I also have a tested
> implementation of this, which I will not post right away; I'd
> like feedback on the interface first, if anyone has comments.

Should I restrain from commenting on the documentation itself for now?

> (Is Texinfo or makeinfo's text output more useful for proposals?
> I can do either.)

I prefer Texinfo, since it shows things that are not visible in the
text output (such as indexing and markup that only shows in the
printed version).

> +The reply is one or more feature responses, or empty if this packet is
> +not supported.

The notion of ``empty response'' is not described anywhere in the
manual, AFAICS.  (Yes, this is not directly related to the changes you
are proposing, but I'd like this to be fixed as a side effect.)