RE: how to get uptodate vxworks gdb source code

On 02 March 2006 12:00, D.J. Barrow wrote:

> This is the reply I got from Windriver support
> you need License / Code Number to get their sources.

  Yes, of course.  The GPL obliges anyone who distributes binaries of a GPL'd
program to supply (or offer to supply) the sources of those binaries, but
they're only obliged to do so to those same people who they have shipped
binaries to.  So if you don't have a fully licensed VxWorks development setup,
they won't have sent you their toolchain, and won't be under any obligation to
give you binaries; i.e. they are only obliged to give sources to the customers
who have bought their binaries.  If you haven't been given a binary version of
the toolchain by them, they aren't obliged to you in any way.

  And like Steven said, if you want to discuss it in greater depth, approach
the FSF directly, or discuss it on the lists at
http://gpl-violations.org/

    cheers,
      DaveK