PSIM: 'file mapping' device size limit?

Hi everybody,

I am using the GDB simulator 'PSIM' (version 5.2) for a powerpc program and have the following problem:
I want to map a file into my memory (as I would do with the "niop" PPC-BUG command), so I added these lines to my device-tree:
/file/file-name /pipo/mollo.img
/file/real-address 0x1780000
just after my "exe" loading lines:
/openprom/init/file/file-name /pipo/os.boot
/openprom/init/file/real-address 0x4000

(0x4000 being my PC start. Why I did use "/file" for mollo.img instead of "/openprom/init/file", I don't know, it didn't work with both files using the same tree "line", so I tried another one, using the simplest possible, and then it worked)

When I simply launch the simulator without the debugger, the OS boots fine and my memory is initialized correctly.
But when I try to start the OS with the debugger attached, I get an error:

cpu 1, cia 0xfff00700: double interrupt - MSR[RI] bit clear when attempting to deliver interrupt, cia=0xfff00700, msr=0x40; srr0=0x180008c(cia), srr1=0x82042(msr); trap-vector=0x700, trap-msr=0x40

The strange thing being that when mollo.img's size is <= 512kB it works fine but when it is > 512kB, I have the previous error.
(Without GDB, everything runs fine whatever size mollo.img is)

Any idea why I am encountering this "file size limit" with GDB attached?
I would appreciate any help/comments on what I'm doing wrong even if it's not related to this specific problem, since I'm not experimented with psim and would like to learn and eliminate all the potential problems my "use" can create.

Thanks A LOT for your time!

Luc