Re: Using XML in GDB?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:40:54PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> No software patents here yet ;-).  And some laws that explicitly allow
> for interoperability.

You're a lucky man in a smart country.

In any case, to change the subject.  To people whose targets don't
already come with SPIRIT, I don't think there's any benefit in using
it; while it can accomodate GDB's current needs, it's a ridiculous
amount of overkill.  Like swatting a fly with a well-targeted asteroid.

To people whose targets _do_ come with SPIRIT descriptions, i.e. mostly
SoC designers, I suspect that GDB support for those descriptions could
be incredibly handy.  But we're never going to pull this kind of data
over the wire, so I think it represents a more or less orthoganal
feature to my current plans.  I'm not going to pursue it.

If it builds automatically in a GDB source tree, do you have any
concerns about using a third-party XML parser?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery