Re: History before 1999

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:13:59 -0800
From: Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com>
Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com

So, I don't think there's any way for you to get history farther back.

Too bad. Fortunately, there are old GDB releases in the old-releases directory of the sourceware server, so I guess I could use them as snapshots of the old repository.

Thanks for the feedback.

In theory, an energetic person could graft old public releases into
the repository, making a sort of synthetic history. Easier in SVN
perhaps?

Didn't we do regular snapshots in between releases? If anybody
still has those around, they could supplement the release history.

Stan