Re: Register numbers on hppa64

> But we have a de-facto ABI since GCC has been using
> DBX_REGISTER_NUMBER for all non-CFI DWARF2 output.  I never noticed
> DWARF2_FRAME_REG_OUT before, but it seems to implement a suggestion I
> made in the ppc64 discussion.  Now that it's there I really think you
> should consider using it for hppa/hppa64 too.  Something like
>
> #define DWARF2_FRAME_REG_OUT(REGNO, FOR_EH) \
>   ((FOR_EH) ? (REGNO) : DBX_REGISTER_NUMBER (REGNO)
>
> if pa32-reg.h and pa64-reg.h should be enough.
>
> Meanwhile, I should get busy and implement the necessary support in
> gdb to cope with the fact that .debug_frame has a different encoding
> than .eh_frame.

Let me understand, are you saying that .debug_frame has a mix
of gcc and dbx register numbers at present (i.e., it contains
both cfi and non-cfi data)?  If that's the case and it's hard
for gdb to tell the difference, then I agree that we should
make the above change.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)