Re: warning: (Internal error: pc 0xd00 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

On 11/15/05, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> No, that doesn't work.  The high address is probably
> .gnu.linkonce.foo+0x104, which may show up as 0x104 depending on the
> relocation format in use.

Checking my understanding:

When we drop a linkonce section, we also drop all relocs referring to
symbols defined in that section, or the section's STT_SECTION symbol.
(Or do we just make the relocs use STN_UNDEF as their symbol?)  If the
architecture uses RELA relocs, then there's probably a zero sitting in
the code itself, but if it uses REL, then the addend is in the code,
so we'll see it when we read the value in GDB.