Re: libGDB and gdbserver questions

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:48:03PM +1100, Donny Kurniawan wrote:
> (1) gdbserver
> Since one gdbserver requires one instance of GDB, my plan is to use
> gdbserver as the low-level debugging engine and extend GDB to be able
> to handle multiple connections from gdbserver (correct me if I'm being
> too simplistic). Is there a support for it in GDB?

This isn't the problem.  Extending the GDB native backend to handle
multiple processes wouldn't be hard; it's extending the user interface
and process control and breakpoint management and shared library
support and so on to handle multiple processes that is difficult.

GDB simply doesn't support what you want to do.  Yet.

> (2) libGDB
> Actually, what's the state of libGDB (v. 2)? Not much docs that I can

Nothing has happened on this front in a long long time.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC