Re: Developer Guide to GDB

Hi Ramana,

I noticed that there is not more support for ARC systems in GDB, i saw
the posts at http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2003-06/msg00425.html and
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2003-06/msg00491.html
obviously the 6.3 release of GDB doesn't support ARC as i can see the
last one supporting it were 5.2/5.3 Releases.

I tried to search support for ARC in GNU i found almost anything.

Actually I'm working with ARC core v7 and with 4.18 release of GDB,
using the following toolchain:

binutils 2.9.1
gcc 2.95.3
gdb 4.18
newlib 1.12.0

I've been doing modifs to the mentionned toolchain to support JTAG
Remote debugging for ARC systems, yes, it's the debugger what im
interested to finish, just wanna know if there are others experienced in
that can can help me, hints, more xperienced users and so... I based
part of the JTAG work on existing support by OpenRISC ppl for or1k
family (the jtag-driver) and the existing ARC support for GNU in
toolchain code. I'm still working on it, and i still need help to
perform certain things with GDB, solve Interrupt problems and so...

Thx, ideas appreciated

J.J.

--
Linux goliathbox.stigmatedbrain.net 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL i686 GNU/Linux
13:10:01 up 2 days, 17:04, 29 users, load average: 1.60, 1.56, 1.62