Re: RFC: GDB as a loader 2/3: return child result

> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:04:06 +0100
> From: Andrew STUBBS <andrew.stubbs@st.com>
>
> Here is a documentation patch to go with the original patch.

Thanks.  My comments are below.

> +The return code from @value{GDBN} will be the return code from the child
> +process (the process being debugged), unless an error occurs or the user
> +quits with an explicit value, such as @samp{quit 1}, for example.

The "error occurs" part is not clear enough, IMO.  Could you please
state more clearly what kinds of error could cause this ``unless''
clause to kick in?  Also, if such an error does occur, what will GDB
return as its exit status in that case?

I think we should spell out all this information, since this option is
meant to be used by people who write shell scripts that invoke GDB in
batch mode.  If I'd need to write such a script, I'd wish to know
exactly what kinds of exit codes I will see and under what
circumstances.

Otherwise, this patch is fine with me.