gdbserver multithreaded debugging

Dear All,

I am trying to use gdbserver to remotely debug a
multithreaded application.

Target is a ARM9, running Linux v2.6.10; gdbserver from the
6.3 release tarball and built on local host.

Local host is a Pentium IV, running Fedora Core 3, gdb v 6.3.

I get a SIGKILL as soon as a thread starts, execution stops
on gdb side, and on gdbserver side it also stops showing a
Terminated: Killing Inferior.

We tried a few things:

- we forced to ignore the SIGKILL and/or the SIG32 signals,

- we forced loading the symbol from shared library on the
host side (thanks to solib-absolute-prefix and
solib-search-path, library copied: libpthread, ldlinux, libc),

- we forced loading a local copy of libthread_db.so (using
also solib-absolute-prefix and solib-search-path),

...,but nonetheless we got not solution.

I don't see this problem while debugging in
non-multithreaded application.

Is there anything I can do to solve the problem I am
experiencing with gdbserver?

__
Olivier Carmona

------------ ALICE HAUT DEBIT A 29,95 EUR/MOIS ------------
ALICEBOX, l'offre Internet tout en 1 : ADSL, téléphonie, modem Wi-Fi et en exclusivité
la hotline gratuite 24h/24 ! Soumis à conditions. Pour en profiter cliquez ici http://abonnement.aliceadsl.fr