Re: [RFC] named thread support

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 12:40:22PM -0400, Kris Warkentin wrote:
> Would it be of interest to have a generic 'set threadname <tid> <name>'
> that called a target_set_threadname()?  I ask because we're implementing
> named threads in our kernel but I don't know if many other systems
> support this.  I can always add it to our backend but if someone else
> might use it in the future, I can make it general.

So by named thread support, you mean that the application can register
the name of the thread with the kernel?  And you want GDB to be able to
set thread names?

I recommend doing this in your backend, since I don't know any other
gdb-supported system with a similar feature.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC