Re: How to access files (open/read/close) from gdb script ?

I totally disagree with this. The reason why so much of the gdb testsuite is horrible is that it was written by people who never bothered to learn Tcl, and instead programmed it wishing it was "sh" - which is a pretty perverse thing to wish anyway.

If you take the trouble to actually learn how it works, rather than just cutting & pasting examples you don't fully understand, it is a perfectly fine language. Any language will work poorly for you if you have decided up front that it's going to do so.

Jim