Re: trouble locating source files through relative paths

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 22:20 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> OK, thanks. Is there any .cpp files that are in the relative directory? I
> want to know if GDB can find the .cpp files but not the .H files. So, do
> 'info sources' before the dir command and check to see if the .cpp files
> from the relative directory have an absolute path to them. If not, do the
> dir command, and then see. Thanks.

Unfortunately no.  Our build system "installs" header files into a
common include directory and this include directory is specified as a
relative path in the -I option to g++.  The actual compilation units are
always specified to g++ simply by filename as they are always in the
current working directory since make changes to that directory.

Cheers,
Craig.