Re: show inferior-tty

 > Yes.  I asked Bob to do this.  The set of values accessible by -gdb-set
 > is not documented in the MI section of the manual; we generally treat
 > them as part of the CLI.  The example for -gdb-set shows $foo, which is
 > a convenience or "internal" variable, not a setting [although the
 > example for -gdb-show does show annotate...].
 >
 > I don't think incorporating the values controllable by -gdb-set in a
 > stable interface is a good idea for compatibility.

Other MI commands, notably those used for program control exec-run, exec-next
etc, also implemented through CLI commands (although they are called in a
different way).  I'm not sure where -gdb-set would fail (asynchronous
operation?).  If its not a good idea to use -gdb-set, perhaps it should be
removed or, at least, a note added to the manual as Konstantin Karganov
suggested.  Alternatively, perhaps it could be implemented so that it
doesn't use CLI (like -inferior-tty-set?)  It seems wasteful to implement
a separate MI command for each show subcommand.

Nick