Re: Orphans to adopt?

   Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:41:09 -0400
   From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>

   (Hmm, remind me, what was that system I used to identify the GCC 4
   gdb_byte (signed vs unsigned char) problems, that I've since been
   spending my time fixing?  Ah, yes ;-)

Yeah, but there are still some *structural* problems with
rs6000/powerpc; it's a bit of maze of twisted if's instead of clearly
seperated OSABI's.  A larche chunk of that poo is related to the old
POWER ABI; that could sure use some polishing by a loving soul.

   What would be immediatly helpful is for more people to expose GDB to GCC
   4 so that all the other problems above and beyond gdb_byte can be
   identified and fixed.

Yup, but GCC got a bit bloated and takes a long time too compile on my
poor old boxes.

Mark