Linux ptrace handling of SIGSTOP

The Linux documentation for ptrace(PTRACE_CONT, ...., signal) claims that signal will be passed unless it is a SIGSTOP. I hit a process that I was debugging with a SIGSTOP, gdb of course stops claiming that the process got a SIGSTOP. I continue and gdb again says that the process was hit with a SIGSTOP. If I continue a second time, the process actually continues.

I was debugging child_resume and observed that both times the ptrace was being called with SIGSTOP but the second time the process actually resumes. This implies to me that the ptrace documentation is not completely correct because it seems that the first SIGSTOP is being delivered.

Am I missing something? The reason that I ask is that we're not currently handling SIGSTOP properly in QNX so I'm trying to find out what the expected behaviour should be. Based on the docs, I would have thought that the continue would just cause it to resume without further interruption.

cheers,

Kris

--
Stay up-to-date on all the QNX news!  Register at
http://www.qnx.com/news/forms/newsletter.html to