Program no longest exists?

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded from suse 9.1 to suse 9.3. Since upgrading, I can no
longer debug programs that I was able to debug before.

When I run gdb, the program runs fine as long there are no breakpoints. As
soon as I set a breakpoint and run the program, I get message:

	Program terminated with signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
        Program no longer exists.

Sometimes it happens right away, sometime after I step over the breakpoint.

I have found reference from googling that this may be pthread related? My
programs do use pthread.

Is there a work-around or fix for this. Without gdb, my programs are no
littered with cerr/printf statements.

Thanks,

Alvin