Re: Windows support in GDB

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 11:39:31AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> >>non-POSIX nature of Windows, which sets its quit far apart from the
> >>traditional Unix-like systems that have been converging towards POSIX
> >>for quite some time now.  This means that we really need to have some
> >>commitment from the Windows user community for maintaining this stuff.
> >>Otherwise this will become another MetroWerks disaster.
> >

> >I don't know what you're referring to.  Are you thinking of the HP
> >merge?
>
> Mark is correct (and kudos for remembering it, its one of those things
> I'd rather forget).  Look for files named *mpw*, and macros named MPW,
> in old sources (oh and also the bitter complaints that ensued as I went
> through the slow careful process of removing it).

OK, now I'm really curious!  Could you explain the connection to
MetroWerks?  I've used MPW; it stood for Macintosh Programmer's Workshop
at the time, and according to Apple's web pages it still does.

MPW does make a lot more sense in this context, though.  Thanks for the
pointer.  It was certainly a ... unique environment.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC