Re: Windows support in GDB

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:14:34 -0700
From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CC: paul@codesourcery.com,  gdb@sourceware.org

The fundamental reason for us to use it is that our customers say -- strongly -- that they do not want to use Cygwin. (In contrast, I use Cygwin every day.)

I hope you use the MinGW ports at least as much as you use Cygwin.
Because if those who work on porting tools don't put their own ports
to some serious use, those tolls will remain, well, less ported.

I do. In fact, I'm almost always using MinGW hosted toolchains -- but I use Cygwin for things like emacs, bash, and all those other familiar GNU tools. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC