Re: unable to debug remotely with threads on ppc target with gdb6.1/6.3

>That's not Claudia's problem; the above only applies to NPTL, and she
>appears to be using LinuxThreads from the error logs.

Indeed I was misusing the commands to specify files.  The command 'file'
cannot be used after connecting from gdb to a remoter gdbserver since the
program is considered at that point to be running.  Because of this I used
'add-symbol-file' which purportedly (or so I thought) allowed me to add a
symbol file to an already running process.  However, this command should
be used when the file specified has already been dynamically loaded
(perhaps when a stripped executable is being run?).  Not sure how it works
internally yet but the point is the 'file' command should be used to read
symbols.  When using gdbserver, this command should be used prior to
connecting remotely to the server to avoid the 'program already running'
complaint.

Thanks for your help!  (now I'm tempted to try using NPTL ;) )

Claudia A. Salzberg
Linux Technology Center
salzberg@us.ibm.com