Re: [mi] watchpoint-scope exec async command

> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:54:26 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> Cc: GDB <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
>
> Creating it is easy.  Handling it when it goes out of scope, however,
> is harder - if the next thing to trigger a stop is the watchpoint, and
> we discover there that it has gone out of scope.  I don't know, this
> may just work.

I think it already works -- see watchpoint_check and insert_bp_location.

> But it feels more complicated to me, for whatever that's worth.

I don't mind using the second alternative.

> > > The second alternative is to treat scope breakpoints specially in
> > > breakpoint_auto_delete: when we see a scope breakpoint that is marked
> > > for deletion, we will have to find its watchpoint, and if that
> > > watchpoint is a hardware watchpoint, we will have to delete that
> > > watchpoint as well.
>
> You said "if that watchpoint is a hardware watchpoint".  I'm just
> suggesting treating software watchpoints the same way.

For that, someone will have either to explain why software watchpoints
don't cause the crash with the current code, or make very sure that
making that change for software watchpoints doesn't break them.