Re: arm core analysis on x86 host

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 13:01, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> The core file should somehow be tagged as Linux. ?If it is not tagged
> as such, how are we going to interpret it? ?The fact that it is an ELF
> core file, and has notes like NT_PRSTATUS does not tell us where each
> register is stored. ?Right now we have to guess what the layout of
> these notes is based on the size of the sections or because the header
> describing the layout is available because we're building a native
> GDB.

I modified my linux kernel (based on 2.2.16) in linux/fs/binfmt_elf.c to emit:
	elf.e_ident[EI_OSABI] = ELFOSABI_LINUX;
The linux-2.6 series does this.

This seemed to help in conjuction with changes to gdb/arm-linux-tdep.c to add:
set_gdbarch_regset_from_core_section(gdbarch,arm_linux_regset_from_core_section);

I can send in a patch for the arm-linux-tdep.c changes if you'd like.

Jon