Implementing dwarf procedures

Howdy Folks,

I'm part of a compiler project that wants to emit
dwarf procedures and one of the requirements is that
the output has to be debuggable with gdb.

I thought I read somewhere in the mailing list that
DW_OP_call4 was currently being worked on, but I can't
seem to find it again. Is anyone currently working on,
or is it planned for 6.x to, support dwarf procedures?

I'm already tasked with doing this, so if there is
existing work, I'd like to be compatible or contribute.
If not, implement it such that it can be made part of
the source tree.

Thanks!
Pat Thomson