The step over function of gdb enters header file code

Hi,

I am not sure if it is the right place to post those kings of questions, but if it is not please tell me where to post it.

I am trying to debug an existing module that is using STL (string, vector etc...). When I break it the code, I want to trace it using the "step over" command of gdb, the debugger continually enters and break into STL header file code. I know that those header files are using template, but is it possible to tell gdb to not trace into system code when using "step over" command. I tried kdevelop and ddd debuggers and both are doing the same thing. My version of gdb is 6.1.

Thanks
Daniel-Olivier Simard,?eng.
Firmware Designer
Simpler Networks Inc.