Re: GDB/MI Output Syntax

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:45:33AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:26:57 -0500
> > From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> > Cc: jingham@apple.com, gdb@sources.redhat.com
> >
> >    1. will the grammar and bison syntax be good to document so that others can see it?
>
> I think it's enough to point to the grammar definition file in the MI
> docs.  There's no need to do more in the docs; the grammar should
> document itself.
>
> >    3. Would a patch like this be acceptable even if it was accomplished?
>
> Why not?

It's just that nothing like that is being done now, and I didn't know if
it would be OK.

I can't seem to get a response from Jim or Michael, so I'm trying to
figure this out on my own.

At this point, I don't even know what would invoke this parser.
Would the TCL do it? for instance, would I have to do something like
catch a MI output command in the TCL by grabbing the regular expression
up to the "(gdb)" and then literally pass that string into my parser?

That would en tale modifying all of the .exp files, which would really
stink.

I don't even know were to start. :(
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,