Re: Remote thread infos

Fabian Cenedese wrote:
Hi

The remote protocol can ask for thread info and more info (qThreadExtraInfo).
I couldn't find an explicit description about these fields in the manual.
However in the source code these fields are evaluated as follows:

sprintf(&display_buf[n], " State: %s,", threadinfo.display);
sprintf(&display_buf[n], " Priority: %s", threadinfo.more_display);

It's quite impossible to use these fields for other info as they are explicitely
prepended with "State" and "Priority". But the manual says: "... may
contain anything that the target OS thinks is interesting for gdb to tell
the user about the thread."

Hmm, yes. I think they have something to do with eCos?

Is there a possibility to use these texts
from the CLI as well as MI without the prepended strings? If not
shouldn't the manual say what these texts are for?

Would KOD be useful? Or a more descriptive packet?

Andrew

I know that I can take the strings and remove the leading word, I
just thought I mention this inconsistency with the manual.

Thanks

bye Fabi