RE: Why does the bug database require cookies!?!

  Did you bother actually looking at the cookies it offers?

Name:  gnatsweb-global
Domain:  sources.redhat.com
Data:  database&gdb
3rd Party:  No         Session:  No

Name:  gnatsweb-db-gdb
Domain:  sources.redhat.com
Data:  password&guest&user&guest
3rd Party:  No         Session:  No

Name:  gnatsweb-global
Domain:  sources.redhat.com
Data:
database&gdb&columns&category%20state%20class%20responsible%20synopsis
3rd Party:  No         Session:  No

  There's no personal information in them, nothing hidden or encoded, just
boring stuff like which columns you have displayed in your query results and
what username you logged in under.  I'm surprised they have an expiry time
of a month, I would have preferred session cookies myself, but it's a
trivial matter to accept a cookie for the duration of whatever you're doing
and then flush your cache afterwards.

  What are you afraid of?

  BTW, in answer to your real question:  you sometimes need to quote the
function name before completion works.  Check "info gdb",  Node: Completion,
the paragraph beginning "Sometimes the string you need ..."; it's
documented.

    cheers,
      DaveK