Re: Trimming the CVS "gdb" module

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Like I said, I'm not opposed to what you did if we intend to add it
back at some future date, when GDB will support gettext and message
catalogs.  What worries me is that it sounds like we intend to remove
the i18n stuff for good.

Um, GDB supports gettext and message catalogs today. What we're lacking is:
- markups (only one file's been done)
- translations (kind of predicated on the first option)
- fixes to i18n unfriendly code (using the translations should flush these out)
Even on _current_ non-GNU systems that don't bundle intl/ it's supported, the user just needs to install intl/ first. Alternativily, someone, could step forward and upgrade/maintain src/intl/.

Andrew