Re: View registers from stack frames

>> In frame 0 pc and lr are correct (different), but in the other frames
>> they always have the same value whereas lr should have the
>> value of the pc of the next frame, right?
>
>Recent versions of GDB show the same value for lr and pc for the later
>frames.  I think this is okay.
>
>Kevin

I have only tested the --target=powerpc-eabi version so I don't know about
other processors. Is this true that gdb is supposed to show pc and lr with
the same values for stack frames >0? Isn't the purpose of the lr to point
to the previous stack frame (and so be different from the actual pc)?
And if the actual behaviour is correct then why is it different for frame 0?

Thanks

bye  Fabi