Re: Bumping MI protocol

Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net> writes:

> I am wondering when the MI protocol gets bumped. Besides an MI command
> that has been changed in an incompatible way, or the actual MI output
> syntax changing, does the MI version get bumped for other reasons?

I'd just like to point out that these questions all seem, to a
not-very-inside observer, highly hypothetical. There's been few enough
revisions of MI (currently on v2?) that the scenarios you want
detailed descriptions of and rules for have generally not come up, and
this (volunteer) community doesn't seem to take kindly to prescriptive
legislation in such areas.

        - Nathan