Re: Help, DejaGnu bails out on sigstep.exp

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@gnu.org> wrote:
> Running ../../../src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/sigstep.exp ...
> ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "other" does not exist.

This smells like you are getting screwed by this code:

  gdb_test_multiple "continue" "$test" {
    -re "done = 0.*$gdb_prompt " {
      pass $test
    }
    # other patterns can go here
  }

There are three occurences of "# other patterns can go here".
Try changing them to:

    # tcl_syntax_bites_1 other patterns can go here
    # tcl_syntax_bites_2 other patterns can go here
    # tcl_syntax_bites_3 other patterns can go here

It's a quirk of TCL that comments can occur only in certain places.
Basically, it's a side effect of the "everything is a block or
a delayed block" syntax rules.  I bet that the problem would not
actually happen unless all the "-re" in front of it fell through.

If that really is the problem, you can fix it as an obvious fix,
something like:

    # Run around to the done
    # You can add more patterns to this if you need them.
    gdb_test_multiple ...

> FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: nexti from handleri; leave signal trampoline
> FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: finish from handleri; continue to handler
> FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: finish from handleri; leave handler (in main)
> FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: finish from handleri; leave signal trampoline
> FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: return from handleri; continue to handler
> ERROR: Undefined command "return".
> ERROR: Got interactive prompt.
> ERROR: breakpoints not deleted
> ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "other" does not exist.
> The error code is NONE

Beats me.  I don't see where the "Undefined command "return"" is
coming from.  Can you add some "-v" to the invocation of runtest
and show a gdb.log fragment?

You could also go down to the offending code block, the first big
block of "advancei", and try deleting "-re" clauses until the
problem goes away.  :-/

Michael