Re: Abort backtrace when consecutive zero PCs?

Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org> wrote:

While we definitly need to allow a backtrace through a single zero PC (for a NULL pointer call - signull.exp) should we make GDB abort when two or more consecutive frames have a zero PC?

Perhaps abort it after an identical frame is seen a second time?
It's not the zero-ness that kills us, it's the repetition.

For the case I'm looking at, successive frames have a zero PC and a monotonic changing stack pointer, so there is no repetition.

Andrew