Re: debugger 6.2.1 misfeatures

"Monika Chaddha" <monika@acmet.com> wrote:
> Is it necessary to send test cases with the bug?

Depends on the bug.  It's necessary to send enough info for someone
else to reproduce the bug.

> I had sent the following bug with patch some days ago but didn't get any
> response regarding this. I don't have any test case till now to prove
> this bug as it can be test only for remote target during tracing.  What
> should I do? Pls help.

First check the file sim/MAINTAINERS and make sure you're sending
to the specific maintainer as well as gdb-patches@.

Post.  Wait a week, then send it again with a note indicating that it's
a repost, with the dates of the previous post.  Wait another week, do it
again (with all the previous dates).  Wait another week, do it again.
Wait another week, do it again.  Wait another week, do it again.

After a month of this, start a separate thread asking for an additional
maintainer for the area that you're patching.

The longest I've had to wait this year has been 125 days.

Michael Chastain
honor fdny -- give blood