RE: GDB 6.0 backtrace limit to only 3 lines

> > I recently downloaded and compiled GDB 6.0 for Sparc Solaris 8 and it
> > seems that whenever I issue the "backtrace" command it will only ever
> > print out 3 lines. No more, no less. Is there an option or setting
> > that I need to configure when compiling the tool. Or after compilation
> > is there a setting or option I need to set?
>
> I would try 6.2.1. IIRC, there were some known issues on sparc-solaris
> with 6.0.
>
> --
> Joel

So I downloaded an compiled GDB 6.2 and now I receive the follow output when I run gdb with my exe and core file:

------
%> gdb myExe.exe core
GNU gdb 6.2
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...
/home/elixir/temp/gdb-6.2/gdb/dwarf2-frame.c:1071: internal-error: Unsupported encoding: DW_EH_PE_indirect
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y

/home/elixir/temp/gdb-6.2/gdb/dwarf2-frame.c:1071: internal-error: Unsupported encoding: DW_EH_PE_indirect
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) n
------

Any ideas what is causing this? I also compiled it for Linux and had no problems whatsoever.