RE: Install error on digital unix v4.0

  These days, the very first thing that anybody should do when faced with a
new and confusing error message is STFW...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=sh%3A+.%2Finstall-sh%3A+not+fo
und

... since 9 times out of 10, someone else will have had the same problem and
found a solution to it.

  In this case, the problem seems to be b0rkage in the top-level makefiles
that don't set the path to install-sh properly.  You can apparently specify
an override via an environment variable on the configure command line: and
since there is an install.sh in the gdb source distro, you might be able to
workaround the bug like this:

env INSTALL=/path/to/gdb/sources/gdb-6.2/install.sh configure <your config
options go here>

although another workaround that google search suggested would be just to cd
into the gdb subdir of your build dir and run the make install there.

    cheers,
      DaveK